The Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (ILBS), Vasant Kunj, Delhi, was commenced by the Government of Delhi in the form of an autonomous institute under the Societies act.
The mission of ILBS is to become a dedicated international healthcare center that excels in the diagnosis, management, and advanced training and research related to liver and biliary diseases.
The first phase of ILBS was started initially with 180 hospital beds, and 74 beds for intensive care (ICU) beds. In 2012, the second phase grew into comprehensive medical centre with around 230 beds, hepato-biliary oncology unit and other facilities.
The motto of the Institute is “to develop a healthcare center following international standards, which could render a comprehensive and most modern set-up for the diagnosis and treatment, an advanced center for dedicated research and resource for advanced training related to liver diseases, including liver transplantation, gall bladder, and biliary diseases and allied specialties.”
The chairman of this institute, Sh. Vijay Kumar Dev envisions it as a facility serving as a torch-bearer model of health care in the country by combining the skills and structure of academic Universities, clinical, and research understanding of the super-specialists and the managerial skills of the corporate world.
1. Since its inception, ILBS has incorporated 416962 OPD admissions, 110504-day care admissions, and 33918 IPD admissions.
2. Its most significant milestone is that it has successfully performed 6206 surgeries till date.
3. It has conducted about 376 liver transplants and 127 kidney transplants until now.
4. It has mastered and performed about 68751endoscopic procedures till date.
5. It harbors a holistic environment for patients on four resolute pillars – specialties, university, research, and community outreach.
6. Its center of excellence is focussed on the diagnosis, management, and advanced training and research in the field of liver and biliary diseases of International standards.
7. It is recognized for its academic excellence to be deemed under section 3 Of the UGC Act.
8. It is garnered with rank Grade A by NAAC and 9th Rank in the last NIRF ranking of Medical institute.
2. Transplant Services
4. General medicine
7. HPB Surgery
8. Laboratory Medicine
9. Radiology And Interventional Radiology
14. Biochemistry (Metabolic Medicine & Immunopathology)
15. Clinical & Cellular Transplant Immunology
17. Transfusion Medicine
18. Anaesthesia & Critical Care
21. Renal Transplant And Urology
22. Pulmonary Medicine
Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences
D1 ILBS Road, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Comfort During Stay
TV in room
Phone in Room
Mobility accessible rooms
Safe in the room
Nursery / Nanny services
Personal assistance / Concierge
Business centre services
Dedicated smoking areas
Special offer for group stays
Health insurance coordination
Medical travel insurance
Foreign currency exchange
Diet on Request
Medical records transfer
Online doctor consultation
Post operative followup
Local tourism options
Local transportation booking
Visa / Travel office
Private driver / Limousine services